Innovation is central to the long-term success of any business.
But what can we do as leaders to promote innovation on our teams? What role does human connection play in facilitating new ideas?
Sue Bevan Baggott is the Founder of Power Within Consulting, a firm dedicated to helping clients connect with the deep human insights required to build a successful business. She is also an angel investor, startup advisor and board member on a mission to drive positive change in the entrepreneurial ecosystem through connection and innovation.
On this episode of Workplace Forward, Sue joins me to share how she ‘accidentally’ became an angel investor and explain why she focuses on working with startups to drive the change she wants to see in the world.
Sue describes why it’s crucial for leaders to empathize with their teams and how employee insights are key in helping companies innovate.
Listen in to understand how the ambiguity surrounding the pandemic has changed the dynamics of leadership and learn to leverage the power of human connection to foster innovation on your team.
Themes explored in this week’s episode:
- How Sue ‘accidentally’ became an angel investor
- The 4 barriers to entry to angel investing for women and people of color
- Sue’s focus on working with startups to create a culture of diversity
- What characteristics investors are looking for in the leaders of a startup
- Why it’s crucial for leaders to empathize with their employees
- How employee insights help companies innovate
- How Cloverleaf leverages tech to help us build relationships at work
- What leaders can do to show up as the best version of ourselves at work
- Why employees are calling for more freedom, flexibility and autonomy
- The power of human connection in all aspects of leadership
Resources from this episode:
- Read along with this Workplace Forward Podcast episode’s text transcript
- Learn more about Sue’s work at powerwithinconsulting.com
- Follow Sue on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/in/suebaggott1
- Explore automated coaching through Cloverleaf
- Invest with Queen City Angels or Next Wave Impact
I would love to hear from you! Have an idea for a podcast or a question you want me to address? Interested in additional support, resources and workshops? Here are all the ways you can interact with me!
- Tweet me @TeganTrovato
- Email email@example.com
- Follow me on Facebook @BrightArrowCoaching
- Follow me on Instagram @TeganTrovato
- Connect with me on LinkedIn: Tegan Trovato
- Download free tools and sign up for my newsletter, coaching and workshops at https://www.brightarrowcoaching.com/