During periods of change many leadership teams suffer from poor communication and alignment, slowing progress and causing frustration. Leaders often lack strategic thinking at the level needed to succeed in a changing organization, but are uncertain of the exact course to take to become stronger leaders.
Only when leaders are prepared and confident can their team function at its highest level.
To meet company goals you need well-equipped leaders, and without them the work environment and team productivity can suffer. It’s surely frustrating to miss opportunities because of under-developed leadership and a team that isn’t firing on all cylinders. For 10 years we’ve been helping leadership teams develop the skills to strengthen communication and collaboration, leading to happier, healthier workplaces, and more productive teams.
We start by assessing your leader(s) or leadership team to ensure we address the right problems and clearly understand your goals. We then implement a custom program which may include a mix of coaching, facilitation, individual and team-level interventions. The result? Powerful and resilient leaders and leadership teams that are able to tackle any challenge.
Bright Arrow’s leadership development will keep you from solving problems with band-aid solutions, and instead give you the tools to manage change smoothly, increase team wellbeing, and set the organization up for success.
Did you know that coaching is currently an unregulated industry? So before you hire a coach, we recommend that you pay close attention to their credentials and certifications. At Bright Arrow we believe in the importance of a robust coaching education and certification via programs credentialed by the International Coach Federation (ICF), the world’s largest organization of professionally trained coaches.
Bright Arrow started because the corporate world I was so dedicated to, that was my life, ended up leaving me unsupported when “life” happened. Living through some horrific and sad circumstances I found myself working in a cold and unsupportive environment, dismissive of my pain. It became clear that the system I had given so much to was not naturally equipped to support my human needs.
Bright Arrow came out of a tremendous desire to help leaders get more in touch with the needs of their team, all while guiding them through periods of change and delivering on the important work organizations do in the world.
My 20+ years of experience in HR, specializing in Talent Acquisition, Talent Development and Organizational learning, serving at the leadership level for Levi Strauss, Zynga, Xerox, and Cielo allow me to easily understand what goes on inside a company. I’ve lived it and know firsthand the impact that powerful leaders and leadership teams have on an organization.
I love seeing results. Business results matter, as does the unexpected transformation our clients experience on a personal level.
If you are interested in hearing more from me, you can listen to me as the host of the Workplace Forward Podcast, the co-host of The Life and Leadership Podcast, and read my contributions on Forbes and Fast Company.
Meet Our Coaches
Jahnavi Brenner, CPC, ACC, ELI-MP, is a coach, consultant, and trainer for Bright Arrow Coaching. She partners with business and HR leaders to develop inspiring and confident leaders.
Jahnavi coaches leaders at all levels in corporate and non-profit organizations. She focuses on coaching newly appointed leaders that are preparing for leadership at higher levels. Jahnavi also assists leaders who want to fine-tune their leadership presence or those who strive to bring joy back into managing others. She has designed and implemented talent and culture programs at companies to help them create great places to work with leaders that inspire and motivate their teams.
Jahnavi brings 25 years of corporate experience in R&D, Sales, and Human Resources. She has developed leaders at Procter & Gamble, Rally Software, DigitalGlobe, Medtronic, working in Fortune 50 global organizations, scaling companies, and small tech startups.
KEY AREAS OF CAREER EXPERTISE & NOTABLE ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Multi-functional business experience
- Experience working in R&D, Sales, and HR — broad exposure to business from upstream R&D, operations, and culture and talent management
- Collaborated with colleagues across the organization in Manufacturing, Quality, Marketing, Finance, Communications, Strategy
- People management experience in the US and Asia
- Expatriate from the US working in Japan with colleagues in S Korea, China, Taiwan, and Hong Kong
- Led global project teams with participants in Europe, Americas, and Asia
Startup/Scaling Company Experience
- Led HR in a Techstars (tech incubator program) graduate company as they were scaling and securing funding for expansion operations
- Led Talent Development in a newly IPOed software company, establishing performance management practices, employee engagement solutions, and talent development processes
- Led Sales organization to increase the diversity of leadership team and implement inclusive leadership practices
A sampling of leadership & executive coaching engagements
- Newly promoted Director of Engineering, fine-tuning leadership presence and collaboration skills
- First-time people manager, supporting the transition from individual contributor to manager of others
- Small business co-owner, supporting stronger communication with partner and direction setting for next phase of business development
- Small business owner, enabling the transition from working in the business to working on the business
- People manager in a turnaround situation, supporting the assessment of talent and implementation of new processes to support increased output of the team
- Emotional Intelligence trainer and coach for Finance leaders in a multinational business
- Global Talent & Development Leader
- Global HR Business Partner
- Pharmaceuticals Sales Trainer
- Pharmaceutical Sales Operations Leader
- Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
- Research & Development Engineer – in US & expatriate assignment in Asia
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, MEMBERSHIPS, & SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- MS in Management & Organization, University of Colorado at Denver
- BS in Chemical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Certified Professional Coach, The Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching (iPEC)
- Associate Certified Coach, International Coaching Federation
- Master Practitioner – Energy Leadership Index – attitudinal assessment
- Associate – Emergenetics – psychometric assessment, thinking style, and behavioral preferences
- EQ-i 2.0, Emotional Intelligence assessment
- iLoveFeedback Certified Trainer – ½ day workshop
Marvin Chambers is a seasoned leadership coach, talent strategist and human resources executive with 25+ years of experience working with leaders and talent at all levels in world-class organizations including The Coca-Cola Company, W.R. Grace & Co., EY, AT&T, and NCR Corporation.
His mission/purpose is to coach, teach, mentor, and empower leaders to be the best versions of themselves. Marvin’s aim is to encourage, stretch, equip, and empower them to be amazing leaders that make a profound impact on their families, places of work and communities.
KEY WORK EXPERIENCES
- Built To Last Solutions, LLC: Executive Coach, Speaker, Trainer, Talent Strategist & Human Capital Consultant
- Forbes Coaches Council Member & Forbes.com Contributor (2019)
- Work Life Leader Program: Executive & Leadership Coach for Non-Profit Leaders
- Trinity Washington University – Washington: Adjunct Professor/Lecturer
- Abt Associates, Inc.: Vice President, Human Resources
- W.R. Grace & Co: Global Human Resources Director
- The Coca-Cola Company: Senior Director, Human Resources; Chief of Staff for SVP, Human Resources; Director, Talent Development; Sr. HR Manager
- Laureate Education: HR Director, Corporate Center & International Operations
- EY (formerly CapGemini/Ernst and Young: Senior Consultant – Change Management and Human Resources Transformation
- NCR Corporation / AT&T GIS: Business & Financial Analyst; HR Development Consultant; Human Resources Manager
Engagements with Leaders In The Following Organizations
- Aflac (Supplemental Insurance)
- Camelback Ventures
- Children’s Hospital – Washington, DC
- EL Education
- District of Columbia Water (Utility)
- Georgia Tech University
- Harbor Bank of Maryland
- Howard University
- Human Resources Certification Institute
- Mastery Charter Schools
- Night of Peace Family Shelter
- Towson University
- W.R. Grace & Co.
- Visit Baltimore
- The Universities at Shady Grove
- World Education Services
- Year Up – Baltimore
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, & TRAINING
- B.B.A. from James Madison University with specialization in Finance
- M.B.A. from The George Washington University in Human Resources Management
Certifications & Training
- Certified Professional Coach Through Institute of Professional Excellence in Coaching
- Energy Leadership Index – Master Practitioner
- International Coach Federation Credentialed Coach
- Executive Coaching Certification Training Through International Coaching Association – ICA
- Hogan Assessments Certification: HPI (Strengths), HDS (Derailers), MVPI (Values)
- LEAD NOW! 360 Feedback Assessment Certification
- Coach Mindset – Elite Life Coaching Certification (www.MitchMatthews.com)
- Case Western (David Cooperider) / EY Certification in Appreciative Inquiry Change Management Methodology
- AT&T University Certified Coaching Trainer—train internal managers in basic coaching skills
Paul Gilbride—CPC, PCC, ELI-MP, CDTLF—is a former CPA with close to 20 years of experience in corporate America. He has been an executive coach for 7 years serving leaders in some of the most prestigious companies in the world including Boeing, KPMG, Deloitte, Bloomberg Corporation, Lionsgate Entertainment, Royal Bank of Canada, U.S. Department of Defense, PhRMA and the USOPC.
Paul’s executive coaching style is dedicated to make people’s lives more fulfilling, rewarding, passionate and purposeful. He believes in connection, heart and emotional intelligence; and that we do better when we lead with compassion not fear, growth not scarcity, integration not division, and heart not hurt. And above all else, he believes in courage. Courage to stand tall in our values; the courage to listen with purpose; the courage to speak truth; the courage to have tough conversations; and the courage to put people—all people—first.
KEY LEADERSHIP & EXECUTIVE COACHING ENGAGEMENTS
- Interviewed and reported to the executive team of a medical data analytics company to identify leadership and culture gaps and opportunities. Led the executive team and four additional key contributors in a 24 hour Dare to Lead™ leadership facilitation.
- Trained a group of emerging leaders at a $145 billion international insurance company on the Grow Coaching Model, incorporating case studies and emotional intelligence concepts in a full day interactive workshop.
- Co facilitated a one day training for the international sales team of a $1 billion manufacturing company. Curriculum included connecting to company values, self-awareness, collaboration, curiosity, feedback and personal responsibility.
- Development training of a team in Kansas for a $3 billion manufacturing company. Training included an initial assessment of team effectiveness and working with team lead to develop training around accountability, difficult conversations and trust.
- Development and delivery of Inclusive Leadership training sessions for the entire leadership group of the Capital Markets division of a multi-billion dollar financial services institution.
- Dare to Lead™ training of all managers and above at a private family owned organization.
- Notable individual leadership training engagements:
- CFO and Provost of a major west coast University
- COO of private family owned organization, including full Dare to Lead™ individual training.
- CEO and founder of privately held consulting company.
- VP of athlete safety at the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee.
- Six partners at a major national public accounting firm including the COO.
- Several partners at an International law firm
- 3 emerging leaders at the US Department of Defense
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, & MEMBERSHIPS
- Certified Professional Coach (CPC) – The Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC) – International Coach Foundation
- Certified Dare to Lead™ Facilitator (CDTLF), Based on the work of Dr. Brené Brown
- Energy Leadership Index Master Practitioner (ELI-MP)
- Certified DiSC assessment practitioner
- Trained in The Five Behaviors of a team disciplines
- International Coach Federation
- Egghead Corporate and Leadership Coach Collaborative Authorized Partner
- Everything DiSC and The Five Behaviors – Wiley
- Integrated Life Advocate – ThirdPath Institute
- Bachelor of Arts in Business – Accounting – University of Wisconsin – Madison
- Faculty and mentor coach for University of Wisconsin Coach Certification Program
Recently named one of the top 20 executive coaches in Chicago by InfuenceDigest.com, Lisa has a unique, multi-faceted background that she brings to her coaching relationships. She is a psychologist, professional speaker, and experienced executive and life coach who helps clients identify exactly what is holding them back and how to overcome any obstacle. Lisa has provided leadership, executive presence, change management, and communication development for individuals and teams in a wide variety of industry and organizational settings.
Lisa got her start in the banking industry and while achieving her graduate degrees worked as a real estate appraiser. She has since worked with hundreds of organizations, professionals, and employees at all levels. Her years of clinical and professional experience have helped her to achieve comfort with any issues that arise and to navigate stressful and uncomfortable situations with ease. Lisa is a lead trainer for iPEC Coaching, an ICF certified, international training program for life and executive coaching. Lisa is also a professional trainer for American Management Association and an adjunct executive coach for the Center for Creative Leadership.
KEY COACHING EXPERIENCE
- Team coaching for CEO and Executive Team of International Educational Organization.
Focus on leadership skills, employee retention, and change management.
- Senior Executive of Major Financial Services Corporation.
Focus on executive presence, communication skills, and leading multi-generational teams.
- Senior Vice President of Family Owned Business.
Focus on self-confidence and managerial skills.
- Senior Legal Professional of Major International Transportation Organization
Focus on work/life balance, diversity and inclusion, mental wellness and boundary setting.
- Senior Vice President in Large Banking Organization.
Focus on managing work/life demands, the unique challenges of being a female leader in this industry, boundaries, and communication skills.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance with an Economics minor
- Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology
- Doctoral degree in Counseling Psychology with a System’s minor
- Professional Certified Coach Certification from the International Coaching Federation
Cheryl is a skilled professional coach and consultant with a gift and passion for helping clients achieve success through authentic partnership, focusing on possibilities, and employing a positive approach.
When Cheryl works with a client, she is all in. She listens carefully to the client’s goals, interests, desires, concerns, and questions. She cares deeply about helping the client achieve breakthroughs and get results, and has a knack for digging deeper to learn more, culling out greater possibilities for growth and improvement. Cheryl focuses on strengths, talent, skills, and operational excellence, capitalizing on what is going well while having a keen eye for opportunities. She uses critical thinking and creativity to help the client solve problems.
Cheryl serves a variety of people across a broad spectrum, to include corporate and non-profit organizations, as well as individual clients. She brings a combination of respect, empathy and authenticity to her experience with business and personal clients alike, with a focus on goal clarity, action, possibilities, and results. She helps businesses and people realize the power of their own resources, utilizing a variety of tools and techniques aimed at success, designing actions and cocreating with clients to achieve their goals. She has worked with clients and organizations to include Advance Auto, Northern Trust, Walgreens, Whirlpool, Grainger, FleetPride, Kraft-Heinz, and United Airlines; and non-profit establishments to include large health care organizations, arts and conservation foundations, medical research funding associations, and higher education institutions.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Leadership/executive coaching and development
- Meeting facilitation and training
- Relationship management and executive influence
- Organization design and competency development
- Performance management and development
- Change management
- Strategic and critical thinking
- Communication and learning
- Talent management
- Strengths-based assessment
- Succession planning
CERTIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
- Conversational Intelligence® C-IQ Enhanced Program
- Hogan Assessments
- Clifton Strengths Assessment
- Meyers Briggs Type Indicator
- Now What? Coaching
- PDI Profilor 360 Feedback
- Zenger Miller Frontline Leadership
- Certified Therapeutic Hypnosis Practitioner
- University of Missouri-Columbia
Master of Education, Educational, School & Counseling Psychology; positive coaching emphasis
- University of Missouri-Columbia
Graduate Certificate, Positive Psychology
- Northern Illinois University
Bachelor’s degree, Psychology
Business Administration minor
- Coach University, Inc.
- Hypnotherapy Academy of America
Certified clinical therapeutic hypnosis practitioner (Residential immersive program/practicum; 500+ training hours)
- W. W. Grainger
Director, Human Resources
- Safety-Kleen Corp.
Manager, Employee Relations
- Executive Coach — Technology VP, Large National Health Care Organization
One year executive coaching engagement with newly promoted VP transitioning to corporate environment and adjusting to new climate, team, and peer group.
- Executive Coach — Non-Profit Medical Research Organization
Two-year executive coaching engagement with CEO of non-profit organization. Commissioned by Board of Directors to help dynamic and energetic leader improve interpersonal communication and collaboration, enhance staff capabilities, and drive a performance culture.
- Executive Career Coach — Private Client
Supply chain leader with a long and successful career at Kraft Foods sought executive coaching to support him in his job search. We developed and co-created a strategy to keep him focused and productive, leading to a new leadership position in a timely manner with another multi-billion-dollar organization. This experience was disenchanting for various reasons and he sought me out to assist him with search—this time with a goal to transition to a non-profit organization for which he had a strong passion. We worked through a multi-level search strategy over many months, resulting in a successful networking partnership that allowed him to eventually craft his own position, achieving his desire to transfer his expertise to a completely different experience and organization. Client was thrilled with outcome once thought improbable!
- Consultant — Industry Leader National Corporation
Provided business and human resources consulting over a two-year period to this $1B distributor, working in partnership with SVP. Complete reorganization of company’s sales and marketing group to include needs analysis, position calibration, competency development, talent search and upgrade, leadership assessment and development, onboarding program, and change management. Additional engagement involved project management and oversight for planning/preparation of all aspects of annual national sales meeting.
Natalie’s career has taken her from Silicon Valley to the Fortune 100 and into entrepreneurship, but being raised in Republic, OH (population 600) is where she learned her greatest leadership lessons. In a small town, each person’s work matters, everyone feels cared for, and collaboration is necessary to survive and thrive. If you are seeking a fresh way to look at your company and leadership style, think of it small town style. It’s where everyone plays an important role, working with what you have is the norm, and a culture of caring is expected.
In addition to being a 10-year 4-H member and repeat State Fair champion in public speaking, Natalie is a two-time graduate of The Ohio State University and Professional Coach accredited through the International Coach Federation. She has 20+ years of experience coaching, developing leaders, and strengthening teams in the non-profit, higher education, and corporate sectors. She works with both 1:1 and small group coaching clients to help them be more connected – to themselves, their work, families and communities. She is a frequent speaker at leadership, university and corporate events.
Natalie resides in Dublin, Ohio with her husband, Rob, and two young daughters. When she’s not writing, speaking or coaching, she enjoys mentoring students, training for endurance athletic events, and improving her golf game.
Education and Certifications
- MBA – Marketing and Talent Management – The Ohio State University
- B.A. Psychology and Political Science – The Ohio State University
- Certified Professional Coach – Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching
- Associate Certified Coach – International Coach Federation (ICF)
- DISC and Motivators Certified
- Positive Intelligence Certified Coach (one of first 10 coaches to be certified worldwide)
- Unconscious Bias Certified Trainer
- Leadership & Executive Coach
- Coach Experience Director at Positive Intelligence
- Director of Sales Coaching & Development at Nationwide Insurance
- Director of Business Development & Affinity Relationship Management at Nationwide
Kisha Wynter – CPCC, FCA, MBA is an executive coach, speaker, and leadership development consultant with 20 years of corporate Human Resources experience in talent development, organizational effectiveness, and diversity, inclusion, and equity at General Electric.
She has had the pleasure of coaching a variety of leaders in over 50countries. She specializes in helping leaders demystify what it takes to advance to the C-suite.
While Kisha works with all leaders, she has a special passion for working with women of diverse backgrounds who may not have the right level of exposure, mentors, sponsors, or insights to get to the next level.
KEY AREAS OF CAREER EXPERTISE & NOTABLE ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Organizational Learning & Talent Development
Developed and delivered a comprehensive live 5-day training program for new people leaders in collaboration with John F. Welch’s Leadership Development Center, inclusive of Fundamentals of People Leadership, Leading without Bias, Speed of Trust, Tough Conversations, Emotional Intelligence for Leaders, Brain Based Coaching for Leaders, and Audit & Advisory Management for PeopleLeaders.
- Cultural Transformation & Change Management
Utilized expertise in change management and leadership coaching to shift leadership culture from micro-managing to empowering coaches through sourcing and contracting vendor to deliver training at all levels of the organization, delivering manager coaching workshops, establishing coaching COE to provide one-on-one peer coaching to high potential employees, and assessing progress through employee surveys, manager skip levels and including accountability metric in performance and promotion reviews.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Designed and delivered content for the Own Your Power Coaching Program for high potential women to build their confidence and executive presence to step into leadership roles, including virtual modules, and live conference seminars. This resulted in doubling the percentage of women who were promoted to people leader positions as well as decreased the opt-out rate by 10%. Designed and led diversity training and inclusion initiatives to impact hiring and promotion decisions across the organization and partnered with the executive leadership team to implement action plans from feedback received from employee survey, focus groups, and employee resource groups.
Sampling of Leadership & Executive Coaching Engagements
- Leadership & group coaching for 20 high potential female leaders in an Oil & Energy company in Dubai inclusive of teaching leadership coaching skills to the organization’s broader leadership team
- Executive & life coaching for the CEO of a software company in Bulgaria
- Executive & leadership coaching for VP Finance, Product & Engineering for a US-based multi-national cloud communications platform
- Executive & leadership coaching for Attorney-at-Law Office of The Public Defender, Nassau Bahamas Life coach for the Elevate Extraordinaire program at Motivating The Masses Corporation(August 2020 to March 2021)
- Global HR Leader, Americas GE Corporate Audit Staff, GE’s 120-year-old premier leadership development program
- Organizational & Talent Development Manager & Diversity Leader for GE Asset Management
- Compensation & Benefits Manager, GE Capital Financial Services
- Human Resources Business Partner, GE Commercial & Industrial Finance
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, MEMBERSHIPS & SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC) – The Coactive Training Institute (CTI)
- Fascinate Assessment Certified Advisor (FCA) – Fascinate Corporation
- Neuroscience, Consciousness and Transformational Coaching Certification (CNTC) – Jan 2021 BEabove leadership
- National Association Of Black Accountants – National, Training Advisor to the Southern NewEngland Chapter International Coach Federation (ICF)
- Association for Talent Development (ATD) Member – National & Stamford, CT Chapter
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA), Sacred Heart University, Fairfield, CT
- Bachelor of Arts degree in International Studies focus on Latin America, California StateUniversity, Long Beach, CA
Recent Speaking Engagements
- Breaking Through Self-Doubt & Perfectionism As A Woman Lawyer – Women Of Law Virtual 2020
- Navigating Organizational Politics & Race In A Virtual World – NABA Southern New England
- Featured Presenter – Sensational Woman Virtual Summit 2020
- Owning Your Career – Salem State University Salem, MA 2019
- How To Advance In Your Career With Confidence & Strategy – Concordia College Bronxville, New York 2019 Featured Speaker – Speak & Write To Make Millions Newport Beach, California 2019
- Featured Speaker – Living Your Best Life Now! Conference New York, NY 2019
- Featured Presenter – GE Brazil Women’s Network Development Workshop, Sao Paulo Brazil 2019
Breaking Through Your Internal Glass Ceiling – GE Corporate Audit Staff Global Leadership Conference 2018
Grow Your Leadership
Expand to your full potential as a leader with powerful insights on leadership, communication, employee engagement, team best practices, and more. All Blog topics are inspired by the unique challenges and needs of our clients.
Create Teams of Confident Leaders
Set your team up for success with guidance from Bright Arrow. Our executive coaching, team coaching and training solutions provide individuals and groups with a variety of flexible options based on their specific needs.
Need a Regular Dose of Empowerment?
From self-guided coaching exercises to podcasts with other thought leaders, our newsletter delivers helpful tools and tips directly to your inbox.
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST TODAY FOR AN EXCLUSIVE 'VALUES ASSESSMENT WORKSHEET' DOWNLOAD.