Contemporary life makes it incredibly challenging to stay present. We are processing more information than ever before, and with so many things vying for our attention, it’s no wonder that our focus is fractured. So, what can we do to truly experience life? To show up for the people we care about? To stay grounded in the NOW?
Today on the podcast, we discuss what being present looks like in our lives. We share our own struggles to stay present when we’re overscheduled and describe the challenge of being responsive to social media for business—without getting sucked into the world of the screen.
We go on to cover the concept of psychological hygiene, exploring how to replace damaging ruminations and what-ifs with positive thoughts of being safe and whole. Listen in for insight around practices you can use to stay grounded in the moment and learn the benefits of being a fully present leader!
Themes explored in this week’s episode
- What it looks like to be present
- How overscheduling makes it difficult to stay present
- The challenge around responding to social media without getting sucked in
- Building in the time to check in with yourself and reflect
- Replacing negative ruminations and what-ifs with positive thoughts
- Practices for keeping you grounded in the present (i.e.: mindfulness, breathing, presencing, etc.)
- Why presence is truly your greatest gift
- The benefits of being a fully present leader