But what do you do when there is no precedent for what you’re up against? How do you make key decisions for your organization in the absence of data?
Dane Mathews is the Vice President of Precision Marketing at Conagra Brands, where he leverages enterprise agility, personalization, technological enablement and advanced analytics to lead the organization’s digital marketing transformation.
Dane has 15-plus years of experience leading the development of transformative consumer experiences at several prominent companies, including Caesars Entertainment, Target and McDonald’s.
On this episode of Workplace Forward, Dane joins me to explain why leadership doesn’t have to be lonely, exploring how he taps into the experience of others to co-create the transformation he’s leading.
Dane describes how to leverage collaboration, agility and practice to accelerate growth in an organization and shares his own personal growth in the realm of risk-taking and making intuitive decisions when data isn’t available.
Listen in for Dane’s insight on democratizing innovation across teams and learn the art (and science) of making key leadership decisions—with or without data.
Themes explored in this week’s episode:
- The idea of precision marketing and how it’s grounded in evidence and consumer behavior
- Why Dane doesn’t believe leadership is lonely
- How Dane taps into the experience of peers to co-design the digital transformation he’s leading
- How Dane leverages collaboration, agility and practice to ensure that his leaders aren’t operating from an island
- Being declarative about time and using it as a tool to flesh out what you really need to be successful
- The power of celebrating wins with buy-in and recognition from senior leadership
- How Dane saw risk-taking as a growth area for his leadership prior to the pandemic
- Dane’s intuitive decision to move 20% of Conagra’s media spend to eCommerce platforms
- How Dane reframes his fear of making decisions that might be seen as imperfect
- Why it’s crucial for leaders of the future to democratize innovation across their teams
Resources from this episode:
- Read along with this Workplace Forward Podcast episode’s text transcript
- Follow Dane on Twitter or LinkedIn
- Learn more about Conagra Brands
- Explore Precision Marketing
I would love to hear from you! Have an idea for a podcast or a question you want me to address? Interested in additional support, resources and workshops? Here are all the ways you can interact with me!
- Tweet me @TeganTrovato
- Follow me on Facebook @BrightArrowCoaching
- Follow me on Instagram @TeganTrovato
- Connect with me on LinkedIn: Tegan Trovato
- Download free tools and sign up for my newsletter, coaching and workshops at https://www.brightarrowcoaching.com/