It’s easy to feel attacked when a colleague volunteers a perspective that differs from your own.
But what if their way of seeing the world is not wrong? What if it’s just different?
And what if their point of view is complementary to yours? What if, together, you can address each other’s blind spots and support each other better because of your differences?
CEO Darrin Murriner and COO Kirsten Moorfield are the co-founders of Cloverleaf, a tech platform that provides automated coaching for teams, empowering colleagues to tap into each other’s unique value, communicate effectively and work better together.
On this episode of Workplace Forward, Kirsten and Darrin join me to discuss the power in inviting and leveraging diverse perspectives in our organizations and describe how Cloverleaf helps teams do just that.
Kirsten and Darrin explain why authenticity in leadership is important to them, exploring the opportunity we have as leaders to model authenticity when we don’t have all the answers.
Listen in for insight on training people to appreciate diverse opinions and learn what you can do to help your team respect their differences and build strong relationships with each other.
Themes explored in this week’s episode:
- How Kirsten & Darrin found each other and why they decided to build Cloverleaf
- How Cloverleaf helps teams create psychological safety and develop an appreciation of diversity and diverse opinions
- How Cloverleaf provides customized coaching to improve interactions among coworkers
- Training people to understand how we can support each other through our differences
- What leaders can do to equip team members to build strong relationships with each other
- Why Darrin has focused on talking less and listening more in the last few years
- Kirsten’s insight on differentiating between critical thinkers and critics
- Why authenticity in leadership is important to Kirsten & Darrin
- The opportunity to model authenticity that arises when a leader doesn’t have all the answers and how it serves your people to admit to not knowing
- How leaders of the future will demonstrate good character and put people first
Resources from this episode:
- Read along with this Workplace Forward Podcast episode’s text transcript
- Follow @cloverleafme on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube or TikTok
- Learn more about Cloverleaf and start your free trial at https://cloverleaf.me/
- Connect with Kirsten and Darrin or follow Cloverleaf on LinkedIn
- Revisit my conversation with Sherianne James on Workplace Forward EP11
- Watch Kirsten’s TED Talk on How to Leave Work Energized
- Read Darrin’s book Corporate Bravery: Eliminate Fear-Based Decision Making
I would love to hear from you! Have an idea for a podcast or a question you want me to address? Interested in additional support, resources and workshops? Here are all the ways you can interact with me!