Whether you’re looking to take the next big step in your career or leading an organization to the next level of growth, it requires a leap of faith.
But what is the best way to make decisions effectively when the future is unclear?
Julie Setser is Senior Vice President of R&D and Innovation at Procter & Gamble, where she is currently leading the company-wide digital transformation.
A strategic leader with 35 years of experience, Julie has expertise in driving transformation and disruptive innovation, and she is passionate about translating consumer insights into business growth.
On this episode of Workplace Forward, Julie joins me to share her 5 Principles for Taking Leaps of Faith, explaining why it’s crucial for leaders to embrace uncertainty and lead with clarity.
She describes how to make your assumptions explicit and get comfortable with low resolution, challenging us to ask ‘what needs to be true’ to take a given leap effectively.
Listen in for Julie’s insight on going slow to go fast and learn how to apply her 5 Leap of Faith Principles to your own life and work.
Themes explored in this week’s episode:
- Julie’s 5 Leap of Faith Principles for getting to the next level of growth
- How Julie designed the framework to make big decisions when the future is unclear
- Why it’s crucial for leaders to resist the idea that the future is certain
- How to get clear on where you’re going but be flexible about how to get there
- Knowing what needs to be true to take a leap effectively
- How making your assumptions explicit can help you move into a new business
- Getting comfortable with low resolution and developing the discipline of zooming in and out
- What it means to go slow in order to go fast
- Examples of how Julie applies the 5 principles in her own life and work
- What tactical habits leaders need to live the 5 Leap of Faith Principles
- Julie’s insight on the power of networking and how it’s evolved over time
Resources from this episode:
- Read along with this Workplace Forward Podcast episode’s text transcript
- Connect with Julie on LinkedIn
- Explore the Lean Startup movement
- Learn more about Bionic
I would love to hear from you! Have an idea for a podcast or a question you want me to address? Interested in additional support, resources and workshops? Here are all the ways you can interact with me!